On Nov. 5, 2019, Encompass Health and Heritage Valley Health System will host a grand opening celebration for Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Sewickley’s new hospital location.
About Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Sewickley:
- Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Sewickley, formerly known as HealthSouth Rehabilitation Hospital of Sewickley, is located at 351 Camp Meeting Road in Sewickley and replaced the former hospital located at 303 Camp Meeting Road.
- This hospital, which was acquired by Encompass Health on Nov. 1, 1999, is a joint venture of Birmingham, Alabama-based Encompass Health and Heritage Valley Health System.
- Features of the new hospital include 55 private patient rooms including six rooms with dialysis connections, a spacious therapy gym with advanced technologies, in-house pharmacy, courtyard, dining room and dayroom areas.
- Patient care in the new location began on Sept. 20, 2019. The hospital also manages a 12-bed rehabilitation unit located in Heritage Valley Kennedy.
- The hospital will continue to provide comprehensive rehabilitation services and higher medical management for patients recovering from strokes and other neurological disorders, hip fractures, brain injuries, spinal cord injuries, amputations and complex orthopedic conditions.
- In addition to a minimum of three hours of therapy per day, five days each week, patients will receive 24-hour nursing care and frequent visits by an attending physician during their stay.
- The hospital holds disease-specific care certifications from The Joint Commission for its stroke, brain injury, amputee, Parkinson’s disease, Multiple Sclerosis, and hip fracture rehabilitation programs.
- Thank you to our architecture team at Gresham Smith and our contractor team at Robins & Morton for building this great new space for our patients and team.