Ribbon cutting and presentation:
Wednesday, May 15
4 – 6 p.m. (Presentation will begin at approximately 4:30 p.m.)
Remarks will be provided by South Plains Rehabilitation Hospital CEO Chris Wortham, Lubbock County Judge Curtis Parrish, former patient of UMC Lubbock and Encompass Health Jacob Lozano, Director of physical medicine and rehabilitation at UMC Lubbock John Lowe, and Encompass Health Executive Vice President and President of Inpatient Hospitals Barb Jacobsmeyer.
Please RSVP below if you plan to attend.
- South Plains Rehabilitation Hospital is located at 5406 Colgate Street.
- South Plains Rehabilitation Hospital brings a new service line for UMC Lubbock and includes 40 private patient rooms, a spacious therapy gym, an in-house pharmacy, courtyard, dialysis suite, dining room and dayroom areas.
- Patient care will begin May 2019.
- The hospital will provide inpatient rehabilitation services and higher medical management for patients recovering from strokes and other neurological disorders, hip fractures, brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and complex orthopedic conditions.
- In addition to a minimum of three hours of therapy per day, five days each week, patients will receive 24-hour nursing care, access to advanced technologies and frequent visits by an attending physician during their stay.
- Gresham, Smith & Partners served as the architect for the project and Hoar Construction served as the contractor.
Media are welcomed to attend either event. Please email Eric Finley at firstname.lastname@example.org or Hillary Carnel at email@example.com if you would like more information or to arrange interviews ahead of time.