Encompass Health and Deaconess Health System will host a grand opening celebration for Encompass Health Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital‘s new hospital on Sept. 12, 2019.
The event will include a ribbon cutting and remarks provided by Blake Bunner, CEO, Encompass Health Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital; Shawn McCoy, CEO, Deaconess Health System; and Troy DeDecker, President of the Central Region, Encompass Health Corp.
Sept. 12, 2019
11:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.*
Ribbon cutting and presentation
4 – 6 p.m.*
*Tours and technology demonstrations will be offered at both events.
- Encompass Health Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital, formerly known as HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital, will be located at 9355 Warrick Wellness Trail in Newburgh.
- This hospital will replace the current hospital located at 4100 Covert Avenue and will include 80 private patient rooms, dialysis suite, a spacious therapy gym, an in-house pharmacy, courtyard, dining room and dayroom areas.
- Patient care in the new hospital will be provided beginning September 2019.
- The hospital will continue to provide comprehensive rehabilitation services and higher medical management for patients recovering from strokes and other neurological disorders, hip fractures, brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and complex orthopedic conditions.
- In addition to a minimum of three hours of therapy per day, five days each week, patients will receive 24-hour nursing care, access to advanced technologies and frequent visits by an attending physician during their stay.
- Thank you to our architecture team at Gresham Smith, our contractor M.J. Harris Construction and our civil engineer Three i Design.
- The hospital will continue to manage the 18-bed satellite hospital located on the fourth floor of Deaconess Midtown Hospital.
This is an invitation-only event; however, media are welcomed to attend the event. Please email Becca Scott at email@example.com or Hillary Carnel at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like more information or to arrange interviews ahead of time.