A new home for Saint Alphonsus Regional Rehabilitation Hospital, an affiliate of Encompass Health, will be opening soon to provide specialized rehabilitative care in the Boise community. While the hospital is expected to open to patients on July 28, an invitation-only grand opening celebration for the new hospital will occur soon after.
Invitation-only ribbon cutting and presentation:
Wednesday, August 7
4 – 6 p.m. MT
- The freestanding inpatient rehabilitation hospital includes 40 private patient rooms, a spacious therapy gym boasting advanced technologies, courtyard, dining room and dayroom areas.
- Beginning late July 2019, patients will receive a minimum of three hours per day of therapy for five days each week, 24-hour nursing care, access to advanced technologies and frequent visits by an attending physician during their stay.
- During therapy, patients will also have access to Function Junction, a 5,000-square-foot space dedicated to realistic home and community environment simulation.
- The hospital will provide inpatient rehabilitation services and higher medical management for patients recovering from stroke and other neurological disorders, hip fractures, brain injury, spinal cord injury, amputation and complex orthopedic conditions.
- Saint Alphonsus Regional Rehabilitation Hospital will operate as a joint venture of Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center (SARMC) and Encompass Health with Encompass Health serving as the managing partner. Upon completion of the new hospital, SARMC will relocate its existing 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit on the SARMC campus to the freestanding hospital owned by the joint venture.
- This is Encompass Health’s first rehabilitation hospital in the state of Idaho.
- Boulder Associates served as the architect for the project and MJ Harris served as the contractor.
This is an invitation-only event; however, media are welcomed to attend the event. Please email Mark Snider at Mark.Snider@saintalphonsus.org or Hillary Carnel at email@example.com if you would like more information or to arrange interviews ahead of time.