Quick company facts
- Encompass Health is one of the nation’s largest providers of integrated healthcare services, offering both facility-based and home-based patient care in 37 states and Puerto Rico through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies.
- In January 2019, the Company finalized its rebranding initiative to convert inpatient rehabilitation hospitals from HealthSouth and home health and hospice agencies from Encompass Home Health & Hospice to the Encompass Health name.
- Mark Tarr serves Encompass Health as president and chief executive officer. Executive Vice President and President of Inpatient Hospitals Barb Jacobsmeyer, leads operations for the inpatient rehabilitation hospital segment, and Chief Executive Officer April Anthony, oversees the home health and hospice segment of the business.
- The exchange symbol for Encompass Health is EHC.
- Encompass Health has approximately 43,400 employees.
- In 2018, Encompass Health earned $4.3 billion in revenue and treated more than 346,000 patients.
- Approximately one in three patients in the U.S. receiving inpatient rehabilitative care, receive it through an Encompass Health rehabilitation hospital. Encompass Health’s hospitals provide rehabilitative care to patients recovering from conditions such as stroke and other neurological disorders, orthopedic, cardiac and pulmonary conditions, brain and spinal cord injuries, complex orthopedic conditions and amputations.
- Encompass Health’s home health and hospice agencies bring high-quality, personalized health care and hospice services into the most familiar, most comfortable environment, helping patients recover from an illness, injury or surgery, manage a chronic medical condition, or cope with end-of-life transitions.
- Both business segments have been consistently named to Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in healthcare. The inpatient rehabilitation segment has been named three times to the list with the home health and hospice segment being named seven times to it.
Encompass Health’s Home Office is located in Birmingham, Alabama while its home health and hospice segment is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
As of Feb. 13, 2020.
About Encompass Health
As a national leader in integrated healthcare services, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers both facility-based and home-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies. With a national footprint that includes 134 hospitals, 245 home health locations, and 83 hospice locations in 37 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective, integrated care across the healthcare continuum. Encompass Health is ranked as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For.
Timeline of company history:
- View the Encompass Health Company timeline in HTML
- Download a PDF version of the Encompass Health Timeline