Quick company facts
- Encompass Health is one of the nation’s largest providers of post-acute healthcare services, offering both facility-based and home-based patient care in 36 states and Puerto Rico through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies.
- Beginning in April 2018, Encompass Health’s business segments – inpatient rehabilitation and home health and hospice – will begin transitioning inpatient rehabilitation hospitals from HealthSouth and home health and hospice agencies from Encompass Home Health & Hospice to the Encompass Health name. The rollout of the new branded signage and other assets for Encompass Health’s hospitals and agencies is expected to be complete by the first quarter of 2019.
- Mark Tarr serves Encompass Health as president and chief executive officer. Executive Vice President of Operations Barb Jacobsmeyer, leads operations for the inpatient rehabilitation hospital segment, and Chief Executive Officer April Anthony, oversees the home health and hospice segment of the business.
- The exchange symbol for Encompass Health is EHC.
- Encompass Health has more than 35,000 employees.
- In 2016, Encompass Health earned $3.7 billion in revenue and treated more than 270,000 patients.
- Approximately one in three patients in the U.S. receiving inpatient rehabilitative care, receive it through an Encompass Health rehabilitation hospital. Encompass Health’s hospitals provide rehabilitative care to patients recovering from conditions such as stroke and other neurological disorders, orthopedic, cardiac and pulmonary conditions, brain and spinal cord injuries, complex orthopedic conditions and amputations.
- Encompass Health’s home health and hospice agencies bring high-quality, personalized health care and hospice services into the most familiar, most comfortable environment, helping patients recover from an illness, injury or surgery, manage a chronic medical condition, or cope with end-of-life transitions.
- Both business segments have been consistently named to Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in healthcare. The inpatient rehabilitation segment has been named three times to the list with the home health and hospice segment being named six times to it.
Encompass Health’s Home Office is located in Birmingham, Alabama while its home health and hospice segment is headquartered in Dallas, Texas.
As of August 15, 2017.
About Encompass Health
As a national leader in post-acute care, Encompass Health (NYSE: EHC) offers facility-based and home-based patient care through its network of inpatient rehabilitation hospitals, home health agencies and hospice agencies. With a national footprint that spans 127 hospitals and 237 home health & hospice locations in 36 states and Puerto Rico, the Company is committed to delivering high-quality, cost-effective care across the post-acute continuum. Driven by a set of shared values, Encompass Health is the result of the union between HealthSouth Corporation and Encompass Home Health & Hospice, and is ranked as one of Fortune’s 100 Best Companies to Work For, as well as Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work.
Timeline of company history:
- View the Encompass Health Company timeline in HTML
- Download a PDF version of the Encompass Health Timeline